|My calendar right now.|
- First, sort the deck into black and red cards. Each player takes one colour set. If playing with four players, sort into suits.
Each player is dealtthree ‘shield’ cards. These are placedface-down in front of the player. Each player is then dealt fivecards whichthey can look at. These form the player's hand. The remaining cards are placedface-down on the draw pile.
- Make sure you have enough space for a discard pile.
- In this game, An Ace is 1, and a Jack is 0 (very important place-holder!)
- Queens and Kings are operator cards and can
be used as+, x, - or ÷.
- The person who went to the bathroom most recently gets to go first.
- Take the top two cards from your draw pile.
- Using the cards in your hand,
you have tocreate a number sentence. Place the cards into the Active Area and explain your number sentence to your opponent ( it is a good idea towrite the number sentences down as well).
- If you
manage tocreate a valid number sentence, you get to turn over one of your opponents three shield cards, ‘breaking’ it and leaving their defences vulnerable to attack.
- Place all used cards in the discard pile, your turn is now over.
- If you use all of your cards, take the top card from the draw pile and place it as an extra shield. Then draw a bonus three from the draw pile before your turn is over.
- If you cannot make a valid number sentence, your turn is over.
- When the draw pile is empty, shuffle the discard pile and use it as the draw pile.
- When all the shield cards have been ‘broken’ you can
begin toremove them completely.
- To remove a shield card, you must use it in one of your number sentences.
- The ‘broken’ shield card can make up any part of your number sentence, including part of a compound number.
- You can only use one ‘broken’ shield card per round.
- Once used in a number sentence, the shield card is placed in the discard pile with the other cards.
- When a player loses all three shield cards, they lose the game.
- During your turn, create a successful number sentence, using the shield card you wish to fix.
- Turn the shield card used in the number sentence back over (instead of attacking your opponent).
- This ends your turn.
- You can fix a broken shield at any point in the game.